Here are some useful web sites to support learning the Iowa Core for Social Studies.
- Iowa ASCD continues to develop a curated and annotated list of web resources for Social Studies.
- There is now an Iowa Core Social Studies web page organized into Instructional Resources, Assessment Resources, and Professional Development Resources.
- Since 2001, school districts have adopted Bringing History Home to engage children in rigorous history explorations. Bringing History Home (BHH)
instructional units sequentially develop student skills and knowledge
in history across the K-5 grade levels. Inspired by their students'
learning, BHH teachers have become committed advocates for history
education in elementary schools.
- Veteran's Day is a very important and special time in Perry CSD. Here are some resources for learning more about Veteran's Day.
- The Digital Public Library of America and the Library of Congress are fantastic sources of primary materials -- including manuscripts, artworks, maps, and sound recordings.
Below are several resources for teaching about September 11th, Constitution Day, and Hispanic Heritage Month.
Elementary Specific Resources
Hispanic Heritage Month